Scroll down for store hours
Events and Perks at Yarn Matters
Thank you for participating in James River Yarn Crawl! We are working hard on bringing in new yarns and polishing last little details. We want you to have a great time! Most of events at Yarn Matters will run the entire time of the crawl to help you with scheduling your trips. All perks will be available WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.
STORE HOURS DURING THE CRAWL
Sun. (May 19) - 1-4
Mon. (May 20) - 10-2
Tue. (May 21) - 10-4 and 5:30-8
Wed. (May 22) - 10-4
Thurs. (May 23) - 10-4
Fri. (May 24) - 10-4
Sat. (May 25) - 10-5
Sun. (May 26) - 1-4
Mon. (May 27, Memorial Day) - 10-1
Yarn Matters - 7437 Richmond Rd., Williamsburg, VA 23188, (757) 585-4344
May 17 (Friday)
PATTERN RELEASE! On Board Cowl by Marina Hayes, the owner of Yarn Matters. This design will be available as a kit, and as an individual pattern. The cowl was inspired by the James River and designed for the yarn crawl. The kits will be available May 17-27.
May 25 (Saturday)
Baad Mom Yarns Trunk Show. Melanie herself will be bringing her beautiful yarns! They are inspired by Celtic culture. Baad Mom only uses ethically sourced yarn.
- Receive a James Yarn Matters pin with $25+ purchase and
James River Yarn Crawl pin with $50+ purchase.
- Exclusive colorway by Tempting Ewe (SOLD OUT)
- Exclusive colorway by Yankee Dyer
- Exclusive colorway by What The Flock
- URTH Kashmir Mono Trunk Show. We had a lot of requests for 100% cashmere. Here it is! The trunk show is here just for the crawl. We have a lovely shawl sample and yarn in 10 beautiful colors. The shawl only takes 1 skein. Receive FREE pattern with a purchase of 1 skein of Kashmir Mono.
- Malabrigo Rios Trunk Show. This will be a garment, accessory and yarn trunk show based on Book 10. Books will be available, too.
- A FREE Malabrigo patternwith any purchase of Malabrigo yarn.
- Surprise Rafflesevery day.
- Social media prize drawing (Instagram and/or Facebook). We will have two winners!
Here are the steps.
1. Follow and like @YarnMatters on Instagram and/or Facebook.
2. Check in at @YarnMatters.
3. Post a photo of your choice - your purchase, yourself, our shop, etc. on Instagram and/or Facebook.
4. Tell everyone what you liked about Yarn Matters.
5. Tag @YarnMatters and #YarnMatters.
6. Watch for results! We will start announcing the winners on Instagram and Facebook on Monday, June 3.
- In-store prize drawing. Put your name in the glass bowl and stay tuned! We will video record the drawing and post the video on Facebook on Sunday, June 2. We will also post it on Youtube, but it might take a few days.